When I first get them I pile them on my desk in my office but it quickly becomes too many and I have to find a place to store them in my office so now I have several places in my office I store them. After that piles up for a couple months then I have to take them to my magazine storage in the basement. My magazine storage needs to be twiddled down since it is too big.
I collected all the magazines in my office and put them in a box in my basement. This takes care of cleaning up my office and I am determined not to have more than 10 magazines in my office from now on if I have more that come in they will go directly to storage.
Collected on the table from all the spot in my office before I box them up in the basement. That is a lot of magazine to store in my small office. No wonder I felt overwhelmed by them.
My New Rules for Magazines
1. I will not buy or collect any more magazines until I have my collection under control. This does not include my husband bring them home so I plan to deal with them within a day or two.
2. I will not have more than 10 magazines in my office at a time if I have more they go directly to storage.
3. These will go into the top draw of my desk until I am done reading them, cutting them, filing articles etc. which I plan to do within a week of getting them.
1. I will deal with the ones in my office first but if I have those under control I will pick 10 magazines from the basement to read or get rid of each week.
2. I will get my magazine collection down by at least half by the end of the year. I currently have 6 boxes in the basement.
3. If I get to the end of the year and haven’t gotten my collection down to half I will donate a box or two to make up for the difference.
Basement Storage Before:
Basement Storage After:
The irony of all of this is that after I completed cleaning up the magazine in my office and decided on a plan to manage them my husband brought 10 magazines home the next day.
I'm an Organizing Junkie 52 Weeks of Organizing
O'my you have a LOT of magazines! I have stopped getting them in the mail, unless I get them free. I go to the library and then just bring them back. Gook luck cutting them in half;)ReplyDelete
Magazines reproduce! I gave them up too!ReplyDelete
I really like how you laid out a plan of how to keep the magazines under control going forward. Nice! I recently went through my biggest collection of magazines and I am now working on the miscellaneous ones people gave me. You can see how I solved the problem here: http://www.arealhousewifeofnyc.com/if-i-start-quoting-real-simple/ReplyDelete