Wednesday, October 10, 2012
".....Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others....." by Marianne Williamson (Quote from her book "A Return to Love".)
Monday, October 8, 2012
Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred DVD
3 or 5 lb. Hand Weights
1. Commit to 20 minutes a day for a month
2. Each workout begins with a brief warm-up session and concludes with brief cool-down session3. The three 20-minute workouts get progressively more challenging as you go through them.
4. Each of the three workouts is created with Michaels’ signature 3-2-1 Strength/Cardio/Ab training circuit in which three minutes of strength work, 2 minutes of cardiovascular work and 1 minute of abdominal work is performed.
5. Start with 3 lb. dumbbells and work up to 5. They are using 5 lb. in the DVD.
6. Each workout begins with a brief warm-up session and concludes with brief cool-down session.
7. There are 3 levels to be complete over the course of 30 days. Level 1 of the workout is done for 10 days, Level 2 for 10, and Level 3 for 10.
8. You will be VERY sore the first couple of days.
9. There is absolutely NO rest in this workout.
10. You burn approximately 200 calories per 20 minutes.
11. Although the DVD promises to help you lose up to 20 pounds in 30 days, there is no guarantee that this amount of weight loss will occur. In order to lose weight, a diet plan should also be followed along with the workouts.
12. When you complete Level 3 of this fitness program, stay there, or mix it up.
a. Alternate between doing level 1 one day, then the next day level 2, then level 1, then level 3.
b. Do Level 1 and 2 back to back...or Level 3 and 2.
Monday, October 1, 2012
There is no failure in running, or in life, as long as you keep moving. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27
In October I plan to continue working on my Mini-Goals for September which were Cleaning and Organizing themed. I have made a lot of progress and could just be done with them but I want to work on them to completion.
My Mini-Goals for October are Nutrition and Fitness related. I have previously completed two 5K races by walking and have continued with my walking routine of 4 miles. These nutrition and fitness mini-goals will help me with my larger goal of running a 5K in the spring and walk/running a 10K by the end of next summer.
1. The main goal in October is to Lose Weight.
I’m 5 feet 2, my current weight is 140 lbs. and I would like to lose 5-10lbs. by the end of the month. When I lost weight in 2010 I used portion control, calorie counting, and exercise this seems to be what works for me. I don’t need to lose much but my jeans are getting tight and this is the month to take care of it before all the holiday feasting begins.
My husband Shawn has agreed to join me in losing 10 lbs. by month’s end himself. I will be helping him with nutrition and he will be helping me with weightlifting along with being each other’s accountability partner.
My Portion Control and Calorie Counting have slipped during the last year so I am going to make a greater effort this month to work on it.
I am going to try doing a No/Low Carbohydrate and No/Low Sugar diet. I have never done this before but for one month I thought I would give it a go since sweets are my weakness this seems to fit. I am going to replace my carbohydrates with vegetables and my sugar with fruit and yogurt. I am not going to drive myself crazy with this but I am going to make a solid commitment for the month.
3. My Exercise plan I want to accomplish/DO this month:
I will use the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred each morning. I have not done this exercise DVD before but since it is a 30 day program I thought it would work nicely as a goal for this month.
I am going to be more consistent with my weightlifting and plan to lift weights each evening using 10 lb. weights since I am going for a toned/fit look not muscular. My husband has set up a plan using the book StrengthTraining (Step-By-Step) by DK Publishing.
I am also continuing with my weekly Yoga with Weights and Zumba classes on Monday’s.
What are your mini-goals for October?