1. On Sunday I made Crockpot Zucchini Soup for this week’s lunches with a huge zucchini I bought for $1 at a roadside stand. I had enough zucchini leftover that I decide to add it to my stuffing recipe for dinner too.
2. I was craving chocolate instead of going to the store I baked a homemade Chocolate Cake. I hadn’t made a homemade cake since April for my oldest daughter birthday. I’ve been making boxed cake mixes but didn’t have any. I saved money using what I have instead of running to the store.
3. I didn’t take care of my garden very well this summer due to going on a 3 week 25th anniversary trip. The weeds overtook my garden and a groundhog ate most of my plants. I’m thankful I got 2 cucumbers and 8 tomatoes. Free food!
4. I love iced coffee in the summer. I brew my own coffee at home using a traditional coffee maker. I don’t usually use or buy creamer. My husband brought home a little creamer tub from work. I added about 1/3 of the creamer to a glass of ice with cold coffee. I’m having an iced coffee 3 days this week for no extra cost. It tastes so light and refreshing compared to the syrupy mess bought at coffee shops.
5. I bought 3 loaves of bread at Aldi on sale for 35 cents each. I used up 1 1/2 loaves by making an egg bake and Panini’s. But then our youngest son told my husband we were out of bread and he ended up buying 3 more. Our son hadn’t realized we had bought any and my husband forgot. So now we have 4 ½ loaves of bread to use up. I might be eating peanut butter and jelly for breakfast for awhile. I’ll probably make French toast this week for dinner and anything else I can think up.