Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred DVD
3 or 5 lb. Hand Weights
1. Commit to 20 minutes a day for a month
2. Each workout begins with a brief warm-up session and concludes with brief cool-down session3. The three 20-minute workouts get progressively more challenging as you go through them.
4. Each of the three workouts is created with Michaels’ signature 3-2-1 Strength/Cardio/Ab training circuit in which three minutes of strength work, 2 minutes of cardiovascular work and 1 minute of abdominal work is performed.
5. Start with 3 lb. dumbbells and work up to 5. They are using 5 lb. in the DVD.
6. Each workout begins with a brief warm-up session and concludes with brief cool-down session.
7. There are 3 levels to be complete over the course of 30 days. Level 1 of the workout is done for 10 days, Level 2 for 10, and Level 3 for 10.
8. You will be VERY sore the first couple of days.
9. There is absolutely NO rest in this workout.
10. You burn approximately 200 calories per 20 minutes.
11. Although the DVD promises to help you lose up to 20 pounds in 30 days, there is no guarantee that this amount of weight loss will occur. In order to lose weight, a diet plan should also be followed along with the workouts.
12. When you complete Level 3 of this fitness program, stay there, or mix it up.
a. Alternate between doing level 1 one day, then the next day level 2, then level 1, then level 3.
b. Do Level 1 and 2 back to back...or Level 3 and 2.